So in my search for a green screen rig that will hold liquor bottles and hide easily*, I stumbled upon this:
http://www.arthousecoop.com/project/view/3
Its a pretty bad-ass concept if you aks** me. Kinda wish idda thought of that. As soon as I can wrangle up 13 bucks, im definitely gonna do it, even though i can't go to the opening in atlanta or probly ever see the other entries, I just think it would be cool of something as global and outreaching as this, plus it'll force me to brush up on my sketching/creativity.
I'm finding more and more of these conceptual art projects popping up all over the place (all fueled with the help of the internet) especially live painting/technology/dj/burning-man style events (http://current.com/items/88845458_hypercosmic_painting_jam)
and I get really exited, and intrigued every time. I REALLY wanna be a part or even put on one of these events, even though i have no huge talent to display, these just seem really really cool, and i think are going to be a large part of the future of art. . . the blending of art, technology, and community.
* -In group projects that you don't get paid for, you find yourself attempting to tackle odd jobs that aren't unnecessarily up your alley. A great exercise in learning and expanding, albeit a reminder of why you do what you do and not this other thing.
** -Since my realization that the DIY styles of old that used to separate forward thinking people from cows have now become the pop-art bullshit norm, (http://www.afflictionclothingstore.com/store/index.php). . . i'm going wigger
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment